Monday, September 17, 2012

River of News 1.6.1 submitted

I've received a few reports of crashing and stalling in loading feeds. I still don't have a great handle on the problem because neither I nor anyone on my beta team has experienced the issue.

I identified a possible cause and fixed it as well as putting in better crash logging so that I can diagnose problems like this in the future. I'm sorry that it's been frustrating for some people. I try hard not to let that happen.

Version 1.6.1 has been submitted to Apple and awaits the blessing of their app reviewing elves.

6 comments:

  1. Zero problems here with iPad 3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Started using flipboard, waiting for a fix

    ReplyDelete
  3. had the same issue...deleted and redownloaded the app , rebooting my iPad3 and now seems that works great as before ))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Been having the stalling issues on a 3rd gen iPad. Restart of any kind doesn't seem to consistently fix it. If I force close the app twice it seems to do the trick. More importantly it'd be nice if you could move the close button back to the top left. Its inconsistent to have a close/back button at the right when most apps use it at the left. Thanks for the continued support for this awesome reader.

      Delete
  4. something silly but it can help...i had title fond size medium and article font size small and app was working great....when i changed title font size to small the app started to have the issue...!!....i set again title font size to medium and keep article font size small and the app working great again !! just try it !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the stalling trouble, but deleting the app and reinstalling it fixed the problem.

    ReplyDelete